Rashes, dry scaling, breakouts, acne and pimples are among the most commonly experienced skin problems by people, and they can occur at any time. They are prompted by a range of catalysts, from hormonal changes to environmental issues and inadequate attention. If you are currently dealing with your own type of skin problem–or if you experience periodic issues–before you schedule a dermatology appointment, and even before you head out to the corner drug store, take a look in your kitchen pantry for some pretty powerful and effective ingredients you can prepare on the spot, and without leaving the house and spending a lot of money. Check out these great natural remedies you can perform at home:
Skin Problem: Acne
Acne can occur during adolescence, but it can also appear at any other time in life, too. Whether you are plagued by chronic acne or experience it periodically, the following treatment will expedite your skin’s healing and reduce your acne–along with the telltale scars that can remain.
- Fix #1: Baking Soda and Water. Mix together to create a thick paste and apply all over your face. Let sit for 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Fix #2: Aspirin. Did you know that the active ingredient in regular aspirin is salicylic acid? That’s right–the exact same thing that’s in those pricey acne products in the store. For spot treatment of a pimple, crush one aspirin and mix with just enough water to create a thick paste. Apply to your problem pimple with a Q-tip and let sit for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Fix #3: Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil is a natural and mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent. Using a Q-tip or cotton ball, apply a drop or two onto a blemish and leave overnight.
- Fix #4: Garlic. Garlic contains allicin, which is an antibacterial agent. Make a paste of crushed garlic and a tiny bit of water. Leave on for 10 minutes, then wash off.
Skin Problem: Scarring From Acne
Even if cared for impeccably, acne can leave behind some unpleasant telltale scarring. These home remedies will reduce evidence of earlier acne.
- Fix #1: Oatmeal. Oatmeal can help, with its cleansing properties, which can help to diminish acne scarring. Make a thick paste of uncooked oatmeal and a bit of water. Apply as a facial mask. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Fix #2: Sandalwood. Sandalwood has been a key ingredient used by beautiful women of India for a long time. Blend sandalwood paste in rosewater and apply to your face. Leave on overnight. Repeat this process nightly.
- Fix #3: Salad. Well, not exactly a salad, but tomato slices have vitamin A and carotenes that are great antioxidants, and will help lessen the appearance of acne when rubbed on the affected area. Cucumbers serve as an excellent way to tone your skin and reduce inflammation.
- Fix #4: Egg Whites. Eggs contain a whole lot of proteins (the building blocks of cellular tissue,) that will help heal and correct acne scars.