As the skin care industry moves into the future, it becomes evidently clear that the impacts of the recession have now faded and that the industry is poised for a period of growth and adaptation. The early 2000s were defined as a period of exploration, but that has now been done and dusted with. Industry experts recently predicted the latest anti-aging skin care trends and the results do have some exciting news and some interestingstatistics. This beautiful infographic from Lionesse helps you learn about the latest anti-aging skin care trends.
Non-Surgical Face Lifts
More and more customers are finally giving up on those invasive techniques that took the early 2000s by the storm and are seeking non-invasive alternatives to plastic surgery and injections. The growth and development of the world of skin care has also ensured that customers can choose from a range of solutions and products that can actually offer them with visible results without having to choose invasive techniques.
Ingredients to look out for:
One of the things that defines these products are the ingredients used in them. Lionesse examined the most trending ingredients and found out that the following ingredients are the ones that you should definitely look out for.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic Acid is considered to be one of the hottest ingredients in the world of skin care. It is a naturally occurring polysaccharide that lubricates and cushions your joints, eyes, nerves and hair.
- Peptides – Peptides are excellent ingredients for your skin because they function as moisture-binding agents and they also go a long way in helping the skin to repair itself.
- Soluble Collagen – Collagen is the compound that is ultimately responsible for how young your skin looks. The human body reduces the production of collagen as it becomes older and this makes it necessary to introduce the compound through topical products.
Desire for Natural Products
According to a recent anti-aging survey by Mintel, 76% of the respondents who are concerned with aging report being interested in products with natural/ organic ingredients. However, this is one of the most common misconceptions in the world of skin care. Just because an ingredient is natural doesn’t make it effective for your skin and just because an ingredient is not organic doesn’t make it disastrous either. Lionesse also came across the following quote from the American Academy of Dermatology. “Despite high consumer demand for Cosmeceuticals that contain natural or organic ingredients, the notion that these ingredients are safer than synthetic ones is a common misconception. There are no scientific data to support this claim.”
Holistic Skin Care
Another trend that is worth noticing is that there is increased awareness that good skin care starts from within. This is why it becomes so important to take care of the mind, the body and the spirit. The best cosmetic brands always tell their customers that the only way to ensure good looking skin is to ensure that they deal with all three issues simultaneously. Dealing with one and ignoring the other simply isn’t going to work.
Factors that improve skin quality:
Lionesse examined some of the main factors that can help you to improve the quality of your skin.
- Diet – Haven’t you heard the term, you are what you eat? Turns out that the kind of food you eat plays a huge role in the way your skin looks. Dermatologists recommend that you should increase the intake of things like fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and cut down on the intake of greasy or fatty food items.
- Exercise – Regular exercise is also essential for your body. It not only allows you to maintain your fitness, it also allows you to beautify your skin because it causes sweating, and sweating flushes out all the toxins from your body.
- Skin Care – Taking care of the skin externally is as important as dealing with it internally. Use skin care products that actually suit your skin type and your skin issues. Don’t fall for false marketing practices and consult experts before you alter/ change your skin care routine.
- Lifestyle – Apart from the obvious factors, you also need to regulate your lifestyle. Things like the right diet, regular exercise, proper sleeping patterns and reducing the amount of stress are very important if you really wish to improve your skin quality.
Percentage of women who have used anti-aging creams and serums for the face
- Spain – 26%
- Germany – 25%
- France – 24%
- United Kingdom – 23%
- United States of America – 37%