Now that prom is literally knocking at your door, you have everything ready – your dress, shoes, purse, and hair and makeup styles. Nothing could go wrong – or so you thought. You wake up on the morning of prom to find an annoying, ugly zit on your forehead. What are you going to do? While there is probably no quick fix to diminish this pesky problem before night falls, there are things you can do to hide it’ presence – and Lionesse is here to provide you with some tips and hacks to help you do just that.
Drink Water & Eat Right
This is important to help flush the oil, bacteria, and toxins from your body and skin. While it won’t help to hide the zit itself, it will put you on the road to getting over said zit in no time. Eliminate drinking caffeine, sugary drinks like soda and sports drinks, and eat a clean, healthy diet.
Attempt to Remove the Acne
We know what you’re thinking – but this method won’t cause scarring. There is no popping of the zit involved, and there is no harmful implications to the skin, either. Give this a try, and if all else fails – use the cover up methods below.
- Wet a washcloth with hot water and squeeze the water from the cloth until most of it has been removed.
- Hold the wash cloth to your face over the pimple until the washcloth turns cold.
- Swipe the washcloth across the face slightly to remove the zit. If it doesn’t work, repeat.
- If the pimple is too deep within the skin, this method may not work – but it’s a good idea to give this one a try! Covering up the area will be a lot easier without that annoying bump in the way.
Conceal and Forget
Here’s a quick way to hide that zit so nobody knows what’s underneath:
- Use a green concealer – the green hue will hide redness. Dab it directly onto the zit, not around it.
- Follow the dab of green concealer with your favorite regular concealer – on and around the area.
- Blend the concealer out to smooth.
- Apply foundation over the area carefully by dabbing on, not to disturb the concealer underneath.
- Apply a translucent powder to set the foundation and concealer, and also to hide any uneven tones.
- If you did this right, the zit will lay in hiding – at least for prom night!
Prime, Conceal, and Hide
Here’s another method for hiding those ugly zits for prom night.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly. Apply your moisturizer as normal, but don’t apply to the acne.
- Use a green primer over the acne or zit area, and then blend out so as not to look unnatural.
- Dot concealer directly onto the zit, and let it dry.
- Apply foundation by dabbing over the area, and ensuring you are careful not to disturb the foundation and primer.
- Pat a compressed powder onto the area and you will be good to go. Nobody will be the wiser when it comes to your zits. This method can also be used to hide reddened acne scars across your face.