We hear about the health benefits of vitamin C all the time, but have you thought about adding vitamin C to your skin care routine? No? Well, you may want to consider adding it because just like there are countless benefits to taking a vitamin C supplement (for example) there are a ton of incredible benefits to adding a vitamin C serum to our skin care routine. A few of most incredible benefits of adding vitamin C to your routine include:
- Replenishes the important nutrients in your skin
- Increases and maintains the appearance and glow of your skin
- Helps your skin to look smoother and decrease the appearance of wrinkles
- Slows down the aging process
- Increases collagen production (oh hey, anti-aging boost!)
- Acts similar to an anti-oxidant for the skin
- Helps to reduce inflammation on the skin (which also makes it great for breakouts and acne)
- Aids in protecting your skin from environmental factors
Really, the list can go on and on! But it’s safe to say the benefits of adding vitamin C to your skin care routine are more than worth it. While vitamin C is gaining momentum among skin care companies, the concept of using vitamin C for your skin is not so new. It’s actually a practice that’s been used for hundreds of years! Even then they realized the benefits of adding vitamin C to your skin and how it can help with the aging process (or create a lack of aging in this case).
You know something has major benefits when scientists begin doing a number of studies on how exactly it’s impacting the skin’s health. The studies that have been done by scientists prove what people have known for years, it’s amazing for your skin! So, how do you use a vitamin C serum – properly?
- Thoroughly cleanse your skin
- Apply 2-3 drops of the serum to freshly cleansed skin (be gentle!)
- Reap the benefits!
Adding the vitamin C serum into your routine really isn’t a difficult addition. If you’re ready to reap the benefits of vitamin C, try out a vitamin C enriched serum, like the Lionesse Vitamin C Facial Serum. This serum not only contains vitamin C, it also contains other ingredients that are known to leave your skin with a glowing, well cared for look.
What do you think? Will you be adding the vitamin C facial serum into your skin care routine? It’s amazing to think that just adding a few drops of a product throughout the week could really pamper the skin. Minimal time and effort, but maximum reward!